Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Shampoo, rinse, repeat.

Oh my poor blog.

So neglected. So ignored.

I've missed you.

My last (long ago) blog post was about trying to figure out what to do in regards to my job. If you recall, my heart's desire is to be able to be at home with my kids. However, I also enjoy doing things like living indoors and eating food. Right now, that's still not an option, but things are improving on the job front.

June had me traveling all over the midwest for work. Every week, I was driving or flying somewhere else to give presentations. The presentations were proving to be successful, so they continued with no end in sight. I finally decided I couldn't take it anymore.

I knew I had to talk to my boss about the situation, but I didn't want to just go in to him and complain, so the Hubs and I talked for a long time and brainstormed possible solutions. I scheduled a time to meet with my boss, and went in with A Plan.

I opened by sharing how much I love my job, and how passionate I am about our organization. I thanked my boss for his flexibility and the opportunities he has provided for me over the years. I then explained the toll that extended travel was taking on my family, and on myself physically. I then suggested that I train another staff member to do what I am doing with the presentations, and in return I would pick up some of that staff member's duties in the office. I recommended one person in particular, but told him I would be happy to train anyone he thought fit for the task. Then I held my breath.

Thankfully, he thought this was a great idea! I will go with my co-worker on a trip next week to see how she does, and then I am officially a non-traveler. It's not quite staying at home, but I am thrilled about the change.

I am sad to say that during the past month I basically abandoned my blog, and the blog world in general. Between the travel, being pregnant, taking care of the Peanut, and trying to spend time with the Hubs, I just couldn't do it. I contemplated just leaving this blog behind - I was afraid it had been too long. But I couldn't do it. If nothing else, it helps me connect to some really awesome people that I wouldn't know otherwise. I will be trying my hardest to post at least once a week, but have mercy on me if it's not quite that frequent. And since I am swelling up like a blimp, expect lots of pregnancy updates.

Speaking of, we found out the gender of our little Pumpkin...anyone have any guesses?

5 comments:

nikki said...

I know how busy it can be with a job and a family. Don't worry about it being long between posts - we'll still be here when you get a chance to write.

Oooohhhh! Um....another boy?

Sadako said...

Aww, glad it worked out well, and that you are back.

I'll guess girl since Nikki guessed boy.

Alison said...

I'm glad that you have the job situation worked out. It is a bit ridiculous that you have to travel so much.

P.S. I'm with Sadako. I think you're having a girl!

michelle said...

thats great that your boss was on board!

i really don't know what to guess so i'm just going to say boy lol. yay babies!

Cecilia said...

Congrats on the changes at work!

I agree with the others above! Don't feel like you *have to* post. I feel like it makes posts less interesting when they're forced.

I'd personally love to hear more about how you're doing, mama, but rest is also very important :)

My official guess is girl!

 
Copyright 2009 I Really Suck at This. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator