Friday, April 16, 2010

Dear Second Baby.

Dear Second Baby,

You aren't even here yet, and I already feel like you're getting the short end of the stick. Life is so busy sometimes that I don't often stop and think about the fact that you will be here in about six months. I haven't spent a lot of time dreaming about what you will look like or what gender you are. I feel really bad about that.

Things were a lot different when I was pregnant with your brother. Everything was new. I wasn't nearly as sick. I didn't already have a baby to chase. I spent a lot of time just being pregnant, talking to him and enjoying all of the new sensations. That just hasn't happened this time. It hasn't been possible. I feel terrible, because none of this is your fault. I worry that I won't have enough time for both of you once you're here, too. How the heck do I make that work? I really don't know. I guess we will all have to figure it out together.

I want you to know that even though this pregnancy is different, your dad and I still love you more than we could ever express. It may not always seem like it, but we are excited that you are coming and we can't wait to meet you. I can't wait to start feeling you move around. I can't wait to find out if we'll be buying pink or recycling blue. So don't ever doubt how I feel about you. You're my little pumpkin and you always will be.

Love,

Mommy

4 comments:

T. The Destructor said...

I got choked up there, for a second, seriously. This makes me so happy--that there are parents out there who are so loving and excited to meet their baby.

This letter is exactly why you, missy, do not suck at this.

Shannon SVH said...

You are going to be a GREAT mother to this baby, just like you are to your son. Every pregnancy is different. Everything is going to be okay.

Sadako said...

Aww, that was a really sweet post to read. I second what Shannon and T the Destructor said! You're gonna be an awesome mom to this baby.

Cecilia said...

:')

This and the freakin' Humane Society commercial with Sarah McLaughlin singing has lead me to be a wreck very early Monday morning....

 
Copyright 2009 I Really Suck at This. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator