Thursday, February 18, 2010

Update on the two pink lines.

Yes, if you haven't figured it out, the good people at First Response tell me I am pregnant. My doctor has confirmed that to be true.

This is a good thing. A completely shocking thing, but a good thing.

Half of me is saying, "Yay! New baby! Cuteness and adorability and love love love!"

The other half of me is saying, "You are going to have two kids under the age of two. You have lost your effing mind."

A couple of months ago, we had what is called a chemical pregnancy, which is basically an early miscarriage. We hadn't been trying to conceive (we were actually trying NOT to!), but it was still kind of a tough loss. I had taken a pregnancy test the first day my period was late, and got a positive result. That night, I began bleeding and ended up losing the pregnancy.

This lead to a whole discussion with the Hubs about our chosen birth control methods, when and if we wanted more children, and how to proceed. It took us such a long time to conceive the Peanut, and we were sure it would take us just as long to conceive a second baby. We decided that once the Peanut was a year old, we would seriously start trying to conceive again. For right now we were just going to forgo birth control but not expect anything.

Well gee, what did I expect would happen?


All the same, I am excited and nervous for the Pumpkin to get here in the fall. The last miscarriage we had will make our second, so I am definitely nervous about making it through the first trimester. I would absolutely appreciate any prayers or kind thoughts you could send our way.

I have always been afraid of the "mommy blogger" label, because for me it conjures up visions of blogs with ugly layouts and graphic posts about breastfeeding and their child's bowel movements. But when I think about it, some of my favorite bloggers are moms! I mean, one of my favorite blogs of all time is Snarky Mommy, so I really need to get over it. I am a mom. I blog. This is a blog about my life, so obviously motherhood (and now pregnancy) is going to come up. I hope that you will all continue on this journey with me! But never fear, you will still get my in depth analysis of reality television on a regular basis.

I know that a lot of you who read this blog are not married with children, and I just want you to know how much I appreciate you guys reading and commenting on my crazy little life. I sometimes worry that I will bore you guys to death with my motherhood talk. My hope is that I can give you a little peak into something you haven't experienced yet, and maybe even give you something to relate to if you should end up where I am one day.

Ok, before this gets too "Very Special Episode of Blossom," let me just say that I love you all, and hope you will join me as we get ready for The Pumpkin - Coming this fall!

9 comments:

michelle said...

i love mommy blogs. i can get my fix of adorable children without actually getting knocked up :p im like a very distant crazy aunt lol

*fingers crossed* that all goes smoothly :)

T. The Destructor said...

Its really funny that you have these 'nut' names for kids..peanut, pumpkin (though pumpkin could be a seed technically).

My mom calls me pumpkin my father called me pistachio :)

Sign of loving parents: name them after nuts LOL

Tracy said...

I love your blog. It makes my day. I'll keep reading even if you have an ugly layout and chronical your breastfeeding and bowel movement adventures.
Congrats on the happy news!

Jen said...

I'm really sorry for your losses. That's hard.

Good luck with this pregnancy!

Amber said...

I'll definitely keep you in my prayers.

And I love your blog, especially when you talk about motherhood. Like you said, you give me a little peek into what that's all about and I really appreciate that. Plus, you have a very cool, funny, and all around entertaining writing voice--it's present in everything you blog about.

nikki said...

When I started my blog, I was afraid of being a mommy-blogger too. Which is why I went with the whole re-reading books theme. I'll still read your blog! Don't worry about talking too much about the kids and the pregnancy. You're writing about what's going on. And when you have kids...kids are what's going on!

Sadako said...

I'm not a mom or a wife but I love your blog and I'll continue to read no matter what. :D Sorry you've been through all this--hope for all the best for you this year! You deserve it.

Hutch said...

Not going anywhere, don't you worry!

Masala Chica said...

Congratulations! And as for being a mommy blogger - you are you and you should continue to write about what interests you and what you want to express - whether it is your children or some bitchy encounter you had - it wouldn't matter. It is doubtful you will be one dimensional, as you don't seem to be that way.

You are a great writer!
Kiran

 
Copyright 2009 I Really Suck at This. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator