Monday, February 1, 2010

Television round-up.

(written while wearing my luxury microplush Snuggie)

If there is one thing I hate, it's people who get all holier-than-thou about not watching television. Let me be clear, I don't have a problem with people who don't watch television. I don't understand your kind, but I respect you. We're cool. The people I can't stand are the ones who act like they deserve a freaking medal because they don't know who McSteamy and McDreamy are. They feel they are 50 times more intelligent than the rest of the world because they have never seen Tabatha take over a salon (their loss, I say). An annoying subspecies of this breed is the person who will tell you, "I only watch _______," filling in the blank with a network they think will make them sound smart (PBS, NatGeo, The History Channel). Whatever. I think these people are up late at night, secretly watching reruns of For the Love of Ray J and hating themselves.

I love television. I'm not in front of the tube 24-7, but TV is one of my preferred methods of winding down at the end of the day. Television is also social for me; I love watching the shows my friends are watching and talking about them together (or possibly manically texting during the show). So I present for you, my lovely bloggy friends, what I am watching at the moment.


The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love




Featuring the adorable pilot Jake, and a plethora of crazy women. Jake may be my favorite Bachelor to date, because he calls the women on their game playing. He sent crazy Michelle home early for being crazy, and didn't give Elizabeth a rose because of her stupid game-playing. If the spoilers are true, however, Jake loses a few points for choosing a girl I didn't like. If these guys would just listen to me, things would go much better for them.


Jersey Shore


You either love it or you hate it, and I love it. This show is technically over, but MTV is rerunning it all time. I expected the cast members to be annoying, but they ended up being incredibly likable, and able to laugh at themselves. GTL will live forever in my heart. Fist pump.


American Idol


I can't quit you, American Idol (although I might once you take away my Simon). The audition rounds are going on right now, and there has been an array of guest judges. Some have been awesome (Neil Patrick Harris, Mary J. Blige, Posh Spice), and some have been useless (I'm looking at you Avril Lavigne and Joe Jonas). I'm looking forward to the Hollywood round, which for some reason is my favorite part of the show.


America's Best Dance Crew



I love the dancing, I love the music. But most of all, I love JC Chasez. Omarion is taking the place of Shane Sparks this season, and so far, he hasn't impressed me (but unlike Sparks, he hasn't been charged with child molestation, which is a plus). I loved B2K, Omarion. Don't let me down.

So, what are you watching?

11 comments:

Hutch said...

Shane Sparks did what? Is that why he was replaced? I was hoping it meant he was coming back to SYTYCD, ugh.

michelle said...

wtf shane sparks? really???

on a happier note, i love project runway, dollhouse [series ended :(] and modern family. more of my faves are on during the summer :)

perfectlycursedlife said...

I'm excited as hell that Lost starts back up tomorrow. So that's what I WILL be watching.

Steph said...

Ok, I rarely watch TV...It's not because I think I'm too cool,it's because I'd rather be nerding it up online and I went a few months without cable, so I got used to not watching. Otherwise, I'd be a zombie.

Steph said...

And, I havent seen the bachelor, but heard he's from Dallas. I like his pics and am hoping I can find him :p

nikki said...

I'm a couch potato, but I'm different from you in that I pretty much only watch scripted shows. The only non-scripted shows I can think of that I watch are Wipeout and Pawn Stars. And, of course, Jeopardy!

Couch potatoes unite!

T. The Destructor said...

I am totally one of those 'I don't watch tv' kind people. Only, not so crazy or because I do actually watch a little tv and don't pretend that I'm high and mighty because I don't (I hate those types of people). But, truthfully most what's on television these days makes me sick.

I do have some secret loves: RuPaul's Drag Race, Man vs. Food and Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares...that is a truly the love hate relationship.

You know what's really funny? My friend called me like not 10 minutes after this post went up and was like, "You have to watch the Bachelor! He's your soulmate! I can't believe you didn't try out for this season" LOL

Sadako said...

I'm not super embarrassed about anything watch...except for Real Housewives...I'm so waiting for Jersey.

Masala Chica said...

I am a total addict of ANYTHING on Bravo. It's pathetic really. So sad.

Also:

24
Desperate Housewives
Criminal Minds

Amber said...

Have you started watching 'Kell on Earth'? I saw the first half of it the other night but fell asleep before it was over (yes, I fall asleep to the TV every night).

Also, I'm currently wearing a Slanket. I'm sure you're quite fond of your Snuggie but the Slanket is the ultimate blanket with sleeves. You should get one.

I Really Suck At This said...

Yeah guys, I couldn't believe it about Shane Sparks, either.

PCL - I have felt so out of the loop because I have never seen Lost. I will have to borrow my mom's DVDs and catch up.

Steph and Tiff - Jake the bachelor is from Dallas and is totally adorable! He really seems like a very sweet guy (and the killer body helps, too!). I'll let you two fight over him! And Tiff, Man V. Food is awesome!

nikki - LOVE Jeopardy!

Sadako - The Jersey Housewives are amazing! I have to love anyone that calls someone a prostitution whore.

Kiran - I am a slave to Bravo. I love it all. And I love Criminal Minds because of Shemar Moore. Mmmmm.

Amber - Haven't seen Kell on Earth yet, but I want to! She seems like the kind of hard ass I love.

I am fascinated by the Slanket. I've never heard of it before. Tell me more!

 
Copyright 2009 I Really Suck at This. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator