Monday, January 11, 2010

Project Healthy: Step Two

A couple of weeks ago I started Project Healthy, my attempt at making some real and lasting lifestyle changes. I kicked off Project Healthy with giving up my greatest love: soda.

I am proud to say that since I started the project, I have not had one soda! In the morning I have a cup of coffee to get my caffeine kick, and during the day I drink water. When I want something sweet to drink, I have a Vitamin Water. Can I say how much I love Vitamin Water? There have been several times I was about to cave in to my craving and drink a soda, and Vitamin Water saved me. When we go out to eat I will sometimes will treat myself and have a sweet tea, but NO SODA!

My next task was going to be giving up beef, but after my success with soda, I felt empowered. I wanted to tackle one of my bigger demons. So starting today: DAILY EXERCISE!

I am a Taurus. I am lazy by nature. Growing up I was an avid ballet dancer, taking classes five times a week. Since then, I have been an avid couch potato. All of my attempts to incorporate exercise into my life have failed. The sad part is, I feel GREAT when I exercise. I have more energy to get through the day. It's the actually getting up and doing it that I have problems with.

My goal is to do SOMETHING every day. We have lots of workout programs on our OnDemand, so I am starting there. The minimum I can do each day is something from the "10 Minute Workouts" section. My goal is to make it through Jillian Michaels' 58 minute Metabolism Boost workout without dying.

The beautiful and talented wishcake has a feature called Work It Out Weekends. I will be joining in on this as well. I am all about encouragement and accountability! If you are getting healthy in 2010, you should do the same!

5 comments:

Cecilia said...

That's awesome! I personally love the Jillian Michaels workouts! She's really a great motivator, and all the little things she says during the workout really sticks with you!

I gotta get started again with the 30 Day Shred...so worth it! I'm a Taurus too, so I get stuck in whatever mode I happen to be in - right now it's the lazy mode :)

I look forward to reading about your progress!

Hutch said...

I had the same problem as a former dancer, and found pilates to be the closest workout outside of dancing, yoga just bores me. 10 years post-retiring (aka graduating from high school) I've also taken up running and the 30 day shred whenever I need a good kick-start.

Good luck! :)

T. The Destructor said...

That is really great I am happy to hear of your resolve. My own project healthy is going pretty good. Eating fish 3 times a week, cut the lattes down to 2 a week, started drinking green tea (drinking some right now) and no more potato chips!

I think most people forget how great they feel when they work out. It's the lack of motivation to start that kills it. When I get dancing for example (sometimes I just have to groove) and I work up a sweat I end up feeling rejuvenated the rest of the day! I can't wait until it gets warmer than I can go swimming. I also do Turbo Jam which is pretty good when I am in the mood for it.

I Really Suck At This said...

Hutch - I just did a Pilates workout this morning. I enjoyed how similar it was to ballet, but IT KICKED MY BUTT! Harsh reminder of how out of shape I am. Like you, I'm ten years past high school and ballet, and it is definitely showing!

T - Good for you! It's so hard to give up those little things that taste so good!

Cecilia - Thanks! I like Jillian a lot too. I really feel like I have accomplished something when I do her workouts. I tried 30 day shred a few months ago, and I wish I would have stuck with it!

michelle said...

go, you! i'm going to start getting my booty back on the wii starting tomorrow. i didn't really realize how lazy the holidays made me until this week. i'll have to check out wishcake too. thanks for the tip :)

 
Copyright 2009 I Really Suck at This. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator