Friday, January 29, 2010

Overwhelmed.

I work for a non-profit organization. I love my job, but it comes with its own challenges.

Non-profits have find ways to make money, and mine does so by holding events. People pay to come to these events, thereby raising money for our organization. One of my multitude of responsibilities as "Executive Director" is to plan these events. We have one coming up in February.

Here is an illustration of how things are going right now:



That would be work trying to eat me.

Then, The Peanut got sick. My life started to look more like this:


This is my sick baby and work both trying to eat me.

So yeah, I have been a little overwhelmed lately.

The upside is that I have also been overwhelmed in a good way! I've been overwhelmed by all of the love this little blog has received. First of all, thank you for your comments on my post about the scary uber-mommies. We didn't make it to Book Babies this week because The Peanut was sick, but next week I will be thinking of what you guys said, and laughing at them. On the inside, of course.

I am also so excited for the new visitors I have received, who have read and made comments on my humble little blog. You make my day!

Finally, I am especially overwhelmed to have won two awards from two great bloggers.

Thank you to Just the Ashes for the Glob Award:


Thank you also to Hutch from Be Awesome Instead (which is probably the best blog name ever) for these awards:


I want to pass on the love to some of my favorite nostalgia bloggers who are always reminding me of the books and shows I loved as a kid: Sadako @ Dibbly Fresh, Nikki @ Are You There Youth? It's Me, Nikki, and Amber @ nostomanic. I also wanted to share the love with Michelle @ Desultory Diversions, who is an awesome blogger, commenter, and Twitter buddy. Speaking of Twitter? I would love to Tweet with you! You can follow me at @ISuck_AtThis.

7 comments:

Cecilia said...

Hey! As another person who works for a nonprofit, I can echo all your sentiments!! Your picture explains it perfectly!! Though, I'd replace your Peanut with family stuff, and it does feel like they're eating me...slowly, and one bite at a time :(
I'm hopeful that things will get better.

Sadako said...

Thank you! Very appreciated.

Love your pics and hope you're feeling better.

nikki said...

Thanks! I know how you're feeling. The past couple weeks I've been eaten by work and by a kid who couldn't go to daycare while his teacher was recovering from surgery. EEP!

Steph said...

You may be getting gobbled up in your pictures, but at least you're still smiling :D

The Ashes said...

You're welcome. :)

Hutch said...

Wow, that's one of the best compliments I've ever received, thanks! I'm on my 2nd go-around in the non-profit world and our busy time is June-November, so thankful for the quiet right now, but feel your pain :)

Amber said...

Thank you for this!

 
Copyright 2009 I Really Suck at This. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator