Sunday, January 3, 2010

I fought the law and I won.

New Year's Eve was fun. I attended a party at the home of The Bestie (and Mr. Bestie). I had a great time, and ended up leaving around 3am.

It was snowing and slick, so I was driving slow. I stopped at a stop sign, and then proceeded on my way. Right after that, there they were, the red and blue flashing lights of the city's finest. I wasn't sure what I had done, but of course I pulled over.

Turns out? The officer was suspicious because I was driving slowly and I came to a complete stop at the stop sign. Let's examine that: he was suspicious because I was driving safely. He was sure I had been drinking and was overcompensating. I assured him that I hadn't been drinking, but was more than happy to consent to any test he wanted me to perform. On the inside, I was praying he didn't ask me to say the alphabet backwards, because I can't do that sober.

He had me take a breathalyzer test, and wonder of wonders, I blew a 0.00! I tried my hardest not to be smug. The officer was apologetic, explaining that they are extra vigilant with it being New Year's Eve, etc. I assured him it was no problem, which it wasn't, but really? I kind of thought he needed to focus on people who were driving recklessly (you know, like drunk people do) and not worry about the people who are OBEYING TRAFFIC LAWS AND BEING CAUTIOUS. I'm just saying. I'm not one to tell someone else how to do their job (especially when their job involves carrying firearms), so I kept my thoughts to myself.

An awesome way to start 2010.

6 comments:

The Ashes said...

Cops. Ugh. Pains in the neck

Sadako said...

Yay! Congrats!

T. The Destructor said...

No Joke. People who are drunk do stupid stuff like:
Stop at a stop sign and then remain there for several minutes.
Swerve in and out of lanes.
Brake inexplicably and frequently

Seriously, while I do have respect for cops, some are just idiots. How do you justify pulling someone over for obeying the law??? So, I guess I should just coast through those stop signs next time lest I too be pulled over by the men in blue.

So today is the first day I have really been out of the house since the New Year and it involved me being shoved into an icy street by someone trying to beat to Starbucks on their way to work, and then being passed over for drink orders in line...how do you miss a girl in a bright red hat??? Ultra fun way to start the New Year.

perfectlycursedlife said...

Aren't you supposed to be slow and cautious???? Sometimes I think cops get bored.

I Really Suck At This said...

PCL - I agree. He was probably pissed he had to work NYE.

michelle said...

oh that is so ridiculous. glad he wasn't a complete douche about

 
Copyright 2009 I Really Suck at This. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator