Friday, January 1, 2010

Even better than winning a Dundie.

I had all kinds of things to blog about today - New Year's resolutions, getting pulled over for driving the speed limit, but all of those things will have to wait because nostomanic gave me this:


I am very honored, especially since the point of this blog is to be a Better Blogger than I have been in the past. Thank you so much to Amber!


Alas, I cannot simply bask in the glory of my win, because this award came with rules! They are as follows:

1) Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2) Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers.
6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.

First, seven things about me:

1. I don't drink alcohol. There is no real moral or ethical reason for this, I just don't like it that much. I used to drink all the time (we call that college!), but now I don't really enjoy the taste of most alcoholic beverages. This isn't a hard and fast rule, if I want a drink, I'll have one. But 99% of the time I just don't want to drink. However, right now I would give my left arm for a can of delicious soda. Damn healthy lifestyle changes.

2. I can't do a cartwheel. It doesn't matter much now, but it was the source of much embarrassment when I was in elementary school.

3. Most embarrassing DVD in my collection: Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights. Which I also saw in the theater. Twice.

4. The first crush I remember having was on Freddy from Scooby-Doo. I don't know how that would have worked.

5. I don't own an ipod. I probably won't until about five minutes before they are outdated.

6. I was all about not having an epidural when I had my son. Until I actually went into labor. I LOVE YOU EPIDURAL YOU'RE MY BFF!

7. When I don't have clean socks, I steal my husband's. Don't tell him.

On to the nominations! I would nominate everyone on my blogroll, but here are 7 particulars:

1. Shannon's Sweet Valley High Blog
2. Children of the 90s
3. Just the Ashes
4. Are You There Youth? It's Me, Nikki - She already got this award, but I love her blog so I am regifting!
5. the state that i am in
6. Desultory Diversions
7. To Be or Not to Be (Accepted)







12 comments:

The Ashes said...

You tagged me?!?! Awwhh! Thank you!!

I was reading through your list and was like "Oh cool, we have a lot in common" (Like not liking alcohol much, and not being able to do a cartwheel) and then you tagged me! Made my day. :)

The Ashes said...

Also... I dont steal my boyfriends sock... he steals mine! Even pink ones. He doesnt care. But his feet are way bigger than mine, so they get stretched out.

Erin said...

Awww, thank you so much!

I also don't drink much alcohol. Certainly, I enjoy the occasional glass of wine, but if I was never able to drink again, I'd really be ok with that.

Sadako said...

Aw. I never saw Dirty Dancing 2 but I lurv the first one.

T. The Destructor said...

OMG!...

Okay, I am an ego maniac. LOL The first thing I was going to post, instead of how awesome it is that you won this award, and it is totally deserved by the way (your blog IS beautiful)was how honored I was that I had gotten a nomination for something and I have only been blogging for a week! LOL. I caught myself, thankfully before I posted this comment :P

Also, way to go on the no soda! I am doing great this first day, I had home made chicken/veggie soup with whole wheat biscuit (just one) and water, black coffee and green tea. No lattes! No chips (which was particularly hard since my mother had bought out an entire store section of chips yesterday)!

The most embarrassing things I own in my DVD collection: Sky High, The Chipmunk Adventure and SpongBob Square Pants the movie. You are fine :P

michelle said...

lol i had many cartoon crushes growing up. for some reason i was obsessed with flash gordon for awhile... and thanks for the nomination!

I Really Suck At This said...

You are all very welcome. And Sadako, DD2 was horrible in a really amazing way. There's also a cameo by Patrick Swayze. He's a little leathery looking, but always awesome.

Shannon SVH said...

Hi, I just happened to come across your blog and was totally surprised to see my site on your list! Thank you so much!

FYI, I also don't have an ipod and I don't drink, either. However, I can do a perfect cartwheel, thanks to twelve years of dance and acrobat classes.

Destructor, there is nothing wrong with Sky High. That's a great movie! (That's the one about the superhero high school, right?)

nikki said...

Sniff....thanks for the regift....

I Really Suck At This said...

Shannon and nikki - I have spent what my husband would say is far too much time reading your blogs!

Shannon SVH said...

Well, thank you for reading! My husband says I spend far too much time reading Sweet Valley books, ha.

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch Dirty Dancing, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/Dirty_Dancing-tickets looking forward to it.

 
Copyright 2009 I Really Suck at This. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator