Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Project Healthy: Step One

Maternity pants are cute...on pregnant women. They are not so cute on women that had their baby seven months ago. Hence, Project Healthy.

I was going to call it Project Skinny, because my main goal is to lose twenty pounds. I changed my mind because this project needs to be more about lifestyle change than losing weight. I know how to get skinny. Crash dieting was one of the main activities in my sorority. However, that weight usually comes back, and I enjoy eating too much to go down that road again.

Project Healthy is starting with what will probably be my biggest challenge: NO MORE SODA. I drink an embarrassing amount of soda every day. It's truly shameful. I'm pretty much going cold turkey; I'm using coffee to fill the caffeine gap, but other than that...NO SODA. Because if I have one, I will have four. I need a support group and a sponsor.

Next Wednesday I will start Step Two: Goodbye Beef. Beef in itself is not bad, but every way I like to eat it is unhealthy. I forsee much ground turkey in my future.

Edited to add: Tiffani is getting healthy for 2010, too! Anyone else on board? There's nothing like support and accountability!

4 comments:

T. The Destructor said...

I am right there with you.

For instance, the standing rib roast with port and stilton gravy I had for lunch today was hard to cut with a plastic knife so I had to really throw my weight into cutting it :) That totally qualifies as some sort of arm exercise LOL.

But seriously, I will be doing my own Project Healthy in the New Year. I am already fully stocked with ground turkey.

I Really Suck At This said...

That roast sounds DELICIOUS. This is going to be harder than I thought.

It's great to have another blogger pursuing the same goal!

The Ashes said...

Is ground turkey actually good? Ive never tried it.

michelle said...

oh not beef! lol you should also look into buffalo. it takes just like beef, but it's super lean (like chicken lean). i LOVE it

i guess i should say i'm staying healthy in the new year. i've already started, i just gotta keep it up :) good luck with your mission!

ps - love the new background :)

 
Copyright 2009 I Really Suck at This. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator