Friday, December 11, 2009

I am mentally ill.

I have a disease. It's really a pretty serious illness. Not a lot of people want to talk about it, because of the shame that is attached the disease. But today I have decided to be brave and talk about my illness.

I have Drive-Thru Amnesia.

Yes, it's true.

When I order my food in the drive-thru, the person on the other side will say, "Ok, that will be $5.16. Please pull around to the second window." And then, IT HAPPENS.

I immediately forget the window at which I am supposed to stop. Was it the first window? The second? Do I sit at the first window and wait? Do I drive up to the second window and hope they will let me pay there, even if I'm wrong?

It's not easy living with Drive-Thru Amnesia. I have learned to depend on visual cues and lucky guesses when going through the drive-thru. Despite my illness, I am still driving-thru at least twice a week. I won't let Drive-Thru Amnesia hold me back from enjoying a delicious Dunkin' Donut. And I won't let Drive-Thru Amnesia stand in the way of those delicious McDonald's fries that will probably give me heart disease.

I'm a survivor.

3 comments:

michelle said...

lol i would just blame the crappy intercom system for my shortcomings. i never understand how much i have to pay and pray that they actually got my order right

cute blog. welcome back to the internets :)

I Really Suck At This said...

I like it...it's not me, it's them! And thank you, it's good to be back!

Cecilia said...

but really...why do they have 2 windows????? I always hated that....

 
Copyright 2009 I Really Suck at This. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator