Wednesday, December 23, 2009

All your bases are belong to us.

Nothing says "Christmas" like staying up all night playing video games.




For some unknown reason, I still have my old Nintendo gaming system and most of my games. Because we are now on vacation, we're feeling the pressure to spend numerous hours being unproductive. Thus, we hooked up the NES.


Within minutes, the Hubs was online looking up the cheat code for Contra that gets you thirty lives (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b,a, start - in case you were curious).


It's only 9pm, but I can tell you how this is going to go:



  • Numerous unhealthy snacks will be consumed. "Numerous" meaning a larger number than the ALREADY large number of unhealthy snacks consumed.

  • There will be much swearing, and at some point either the dog or the baby will be accidentally awakened.

  • In one to three hours, we'll have to make a Mt. Dew run so we can stay up and finish this last level.

  • Controllers will be thrown.

  • "I'm going to bed as soon as I beat this (boss, level, game)" will be said frequently.

  • Modern technology will be abused. This means we will go online to look up cheat codes (see above) and the best ways to beat various levels.

  • In a Mt. Dew induced frenzy, new-old Nintendo games will be ordered off of ebay.

Gifts will remain unwrapped, dishes unwashed, carpets unvacuumed. But Mario will save the Princess and Mike Tyson will be Punched Out.


Because really, that's what Christmas is all about.

3 comments:

AntiCelebrity-net said...

Haha, I know that feeling... my favourite computer game is Rainbow Islands (80's cutesy platform) and I have it for my PC.

It brings out swearing and frustration but it's brilliant!

It beats all the wii's, x-boxes out there!

michelle said...

lol i love vacations/holidays

I Really Suck At This said...

Old school is the way to go. I miss all the old Sierra games I used to play on my PC.

And for the record, all of the things on that list happened, and they happened organically. My husband had no idea I had made the list when he started surfing ebay.

 
Copyright 2009 I Really Suck at This. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator